I know it’s early but maybe if I get my whining out-of-the-way I won’t grumble and mutter about it to myself all day. I’ll try to come back to share my joys/gratitudes tomorrow but some days it is good to be realistic and whine a little. Feel free to join in the comments below or on your own blog!
1. The two-year old: has absolutely NO concept of being quiet and still during Mass (Or if he does he thinks it’s more fun to be loud and wiggly anyway); thinks it’s funny to run away from me in stores, libraries, and parking lots; cries about everything that bothers him (which is a lot apparently). I love him dearly which makes it hard to have to get mad with him…why couldn’t he just stay sweet and innocent forever…?
2. My five-year-old doesn’t seem to care about anything I say and likes to hear me repeat things to him over and over and over and over and bother his brother and sister over and over and over until I just can’t handle it anymore and my eyes start to cross, my chest swells with anger, and I explode and turn into a horrible fire-breathing dragon incinerating everything and anyone who has the bad luck of being in my vicinity.
3. I am tired. I can’t sleep or lay down or sit for too long without my ligaments spazzing out (think uterine-ligament Charley horse–which I get in my legs also and yes I am taking enough cal/mag/zinc and drinking enough water and doing yoga stretches, and…) I have more projects, not to mention the regular house cleaning, that needs to get done before the baby but I am running out of steam and the wiggly two-year old and annoying five-year-old and the “informative”/”in-charge” eight-year-old are stealing ALL my energy! (and the sweet little innocent guy in utero is probably taking up his fair share also) — This makes it difficult, if not impossible, to deal with all their silly arguments and whining (yes I know I’m being just like them now) with patience or grace or even just simple kindness (and then I wonder why they can’t be nice to each other) and this makes me feel like an inadequate mother…can I just keep this baby inside me forever (without being uncomfortable)?
Sigh. It’s a good thing I love them so darn much and that they have enough redeeming qualities to survive. I’ll try
to sound to be happier next time I blog…this did make me feel a little better though.
1. Why does my bed have to be the most comfortable and my sleep the deepest right around the time my morning alarm goes off?
2 Can’t school start at 8:30 or even 9?
3. I hate being in between pant sizes. The ones I’m currently wearing are a little too big in the pants area and tend to slide down whenever I walk around. I could get some suspenders but that would look a little nerdy. Maybe I could just buy some cool boxers (or ‘sexy’ thongs for that matter) and then I’d be ‘cool’. If I go down a size they’d fit perfectly everywhere except for in the front where my extra flabby skin just hangs like a numb lip. So it gets all pinched up in my pants and is just very uncomfortable and incredibly annoying. My baby likes to pinch it while we nurse but I wish I could just cut it all off somehow.
It’s good to do a ‘reality check’ in our ‘perfect lives. Get the code for the picture here and link back here if you want to join Whiney Wednesday in your blog. Then leave a comment here (even if you don’t have a blog) or on the Erika Marie/simplemama facebook page if that’s easier.
1. This day was so busy (though productively so) that I forgot about Whiney Wednesday (sorry!)
2. The weather really messed up my plans for this evening. poo on tornadoes and hail
3. I can’t think of anything else to whine about
more info about how to join Whiney Wednesday here
1. I decided to sun the diapers out in the sun yesterday. And then the weather decided to dump a bunch of rain down on them.
2. I am sad that summer break is almost over and my dear daughter will be gone all day…or am I? And I am frustrated b/c I have to get (composite) fillings for before school starts.
3. I dropped an empty bottle of wine on one of my favorite bowls and broke it and then cut my finger while cleaning it up Any other whinos out there today?
Well it’s Whiney Wednesday again and just when I thought I’d have nothing to whine about my kids proved me otherwise. (Warning: This list may cause you to be concerned but do not worry, I really do love my children and know they are good kids. )
- Even though I went out my way to make an extra special fun trip to the park with some friends, when the park time was over, I had to go to post office and mail something pretty important so I was dishing out all sorts of bribes in exchange for good behavior. I guess they thought since their fun at the park was over, they didn’t have to be good.
- I hate to admit this but I was embarrassed by my own children and their disobedience in front of the clerks, who I should still say were extremely patient and understanding.
- My biggest whine though is that even after a stern raised-voice discussion about the events and my angry feelings towards them and warning to listen and obey me the rest of the day and stay in their beds and go to sleep for a bit, my son still got out of his bed repeatedly and played and then bonked his sleeping sister on her nose and still smiled at me when I came in to check what was going on.
In case you’re wondering just how bad it really was:
The baby had blessedly fallen asleep in the car and so it looked like it would be a smooth in and out. I asked the kids to stay quiet while I gathered everything together. Did they hear me? Yes. Did they listen? Nope. The 3 year old made a very loud singing noise and guess who woke up crying and scared? Yup; the previously peacefully sleeping baby. Once inside, there was an automatic sliding door that my son kept playing by and I, and the clerks, repeatedly asked him to stay away lest he get stuck in the doors or pinch his fingers. There were 2 chairs I asked him and the 6 year old to sit in until I was done. It was a pretty easy request but could they sit there for just a few moments while I got my packages sent? Nope. I even wedged my son between my legs while holding the baby (who was crying) while I wrote out my address on the mailing form. Did he stay? Nope. Then the 6 year old tried to help and held the baby for me. Suddenly the clerk asked-is it ok that your kids are outside? Uh, no. I almost cried and knew the clerks were wondering what type of a mother I was. I wanted to explain to them that I love my children, this was pretty unusual behavior even for them, but their disregard to my authority most especially in public places and stores was driving me absolutely batty!! Then I felt bad about how angry I got and then got angry because I should be allowed to feel angry with my kids every now and then right?
The other day we were shopping at a different store and I witnessed a mother griping at her children for similar offenses but she wasn’t all that nice about it and used some pretty nasty language. Today, I felt like that mother and I wanted to say some of the same things. I didn’t, at least not out loud. There were other things I felt like doing to my children that would have been gossiped about later on the evening news. But alas, I love them too darn much and I guess I just have to forgive them. Grrr.
Funny thing: as I was writing this an old acquaintance I haven’t talked to in about 4 years called randomly. Last time we spoke she was having a hard time conceiving and so it was so great to hear her 3 year old son calling to her in the background. As we talked she said that becoming a mother was the best thing to happen to her and it is the best thing in the whole world. I agreed and added even when they drive us crazy. She said she figures that’s just part of it and we just gotta love them anyway.
1. I spent about 3 hours today shoe shopping for my kids again.
2. I have a huge pile of mail on my desk to go through and our shredder broke. (No I do not want another credit card, I’m happy with our dentist, and how the heck do some of these people get my address anyway?)
3. bills. apparently I forgot to update an auto-bill payment when I changed bank accountsand and so it did not get paid for 2 months .
1. I had to throw away 3 lbs of precious beef and some other food when I discovered our extra freezer had somehow turned off.
2. My 3 year old keeps rolling all over the baby and putting his face in the baby’s (which he does not really like) and I have to keep telling him to stop over. and over. and over…
3. I absolutely hate going shoe shopping for my children with all my children. How hard is it really to make a sandal with an adjustable strap in the heal?