I’ve heard some really great podcasts over the past few months that I keep meaning to share so here they are for today’s return to Saturday Food for Thought Round-Up.
– As someone who is in a constant tug-of-war between all those areas of life, I loved listening to Micha Boyett‘s soothing and calm voice, reminding me gently to focus on the simple details of life.
– I have a very creative and ambitious spirit and sometimes it’s tempting to feel like it’s being squashed by the responsibilities of family life. Molly shares how their family uses work to support themselves so they can focus on their family time instead of the seeing a successful career as the ultimate goal in life.
3. Talk More, Tech Less: Balancing Technology and Family with Dawn Wible from the Inspired to Action podcast by Kat Lee (Thanks for Rachel again!)
– Are you noticing a recurrent theme in these podcasts? I’ve been trying to make a conscious effort to use the phone less when I am with my kids and as a family or with other people. I’m thankful for all the ways technology keeps us connected and informed but it can become addictive and overwhelming easily and quickly and then I end up missing out on the sweet simple moments of life. I don’t want my kids to remember me always being on my phone. They don’t have phones of their own yet (our oldest is only 11 for Pete’s Sake!) but when they do I can’t really tell them not to use the phones too much if they see me on mine all the time.
4. WHY WE LOVE G.K. CHESTERTON WITH MICHAEL LICHENS also over at Fountains.
– Chesterton seems to be the current Catholic Fad as of late and I honestly know very little of him and can only sit and look on in curious wonder over the hype. Interesting, I listened to this podcast just after going to part of a weekend conference about him and the Catholic Culture. It’s definitely interesting and has given me much to ponder over.
– I greatly enjoy reading. Understatement of my life. But it’s harder and harder to find the time to really enjoy a good book. Just hearing Nicole talk about the importance of finding time to read, as adults and with our children, is refreshing.
In my Queue:
1. THE CHALLENGES AND JOYS OF CATHOLIC FATHERHOOD WITH BRANDON MCGINLEY AND DANIEL STEWART from Fountains. I don’t get to hear a lot from dad’s or men really these days, women have successfully taken over the world so it will be nice to hear this one.
2. Wildly Unconventional - from The Art of Simple Podcast. “In this episode, Tsh talks with Stephanie Langford, who’s been traveling around the world with her family this past year!” I love traveling and would love to travel more as a family so am looking forward to picking up any tips from this episode.
3. EPHESIANS 5 AND THE “WIVES BE SUBORDINATE TO YOUR HUSBANDS” THING WITH ALICIA HERNON from This Inspired Life. This is always an interesting, albeit dicey, topic. I’m curious to hear her take.
5. Vinny Flynn on the Secrets of the Eucharist on the Jennifer Fulwiler Show. I’ve seen this book around and almost had the chance to do some work for the Flynn’s so I’m looking forward to hearing more about this from the great Vinny himself.
How about you, have you listened to any great ones lately?
P.S. My awesome techy husband (who has more time and patience to look for apps) found this cool Podcast Addict app for my Samsung Android (since cooler than the iPhone and all.) If you’ve been looking for a good one you should check it out.