1. This really happened:
— Courtney Carver (@bemorewithless) March 18, 2015
Why, yes, that is THE Drew Barrymore my name is mentioned along with!
It cracks me up that Courtney’s post dubs me as “The Downton Abbey” way of doing Project 333.
2. I’m not one of those people who remember actors/actresses names well. I can only remember a handful of the ones I like. Drew Barrymore has been one of my faves since The Wedding Singer I’m pretty sure the soundtrack was one of my first CD’s I ever owned. Besides, who couldn’t love Julia Gulia??
3. Or maybe I’ll just re-watch and listen to that scene over and over:
4. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I – the very, very, opposite of a trendy fashionista – would be mentioned in a fashion post along with such a well-known celebrity? It’s pure craziness. In fact, I wasn’t going to say anything about it but I had to share it to verify that I did indeed really see that – others can see it too right?
After reading Drew’s (yes, we’re on a first-name basis now) post, I love how real she sounds (because she is, in fact, a real person) and found it interesting that we’ve both gone through the same experience of dissatisfaction with our full closets and body image –
And, then there are the “I don’t care” dressers, and then there is me: The “I care, but I struggle with my body” type, so I wear the same things over and over. I also like to shop to inspire myself, but then most of it ends up bloating my closet into a kaleidoscope of stuff I can’t seem to see through. If anyone ventured into my closet, they would say I have plenty of clothes. Yet, I wear the same jeans on the floor from yesterday along with my favorite soft, slouchy T-shirt. Winter is inevitably jeans and a sweater. Summer is hard because I don’t love short anything, so I struggle to stay covered and still look cool.
5. I laughed about how Drew felt after she put her closet on a “diet” and cleaned it out.
My closet seemed to be clean. But, no longer eclectic or wild enough. It actually seemed like I had no clothes. It got too sparse! I was sad. Had I gone too far? I was missing my old funky self and felt like I had become some conservative, boring woman — but not even in a cool, J.Crew way.
“some conservative, boring woman” – yeah that would be me. But I don’t shop at J.Crew, just Kohls, Old Navy, and sometimes I go up a notch and go into Maurices or even Dressbarn!
6. Ok, I’ve got a few more minutes and 2 more to go and ran out of things to talk about with Fashion and Drew Barrymore…oh! That reminds me. Did anyone else ever see Grey Gardens Drew was in?
Weirdest. Movie. Ever.
Well, next after Being John Malkovich
I think I picked Grey Gardens on a whim one night shortly after getting a free Netflix streaming trial when those first came out, thinking it might be a fun movie. Wow. I don’t even know how I was able to finish watching it. It was so strange, I just had to keep watching.
7. But one good thing came out of it. Whenever I start getting down on myself about how messy I think my house is, I think of Drew. And Grey Gardens. And worry no more:
Why bother cleaning when you can look into a mirror all day? I wonder if this is one of her capsule wardrobe outfits?
Ok, I’ve pushed my snooze button 2 times so it was more like 20 minutes. It was the pictures. They always do me in. That’s all I have to say for today, see, I can be quick – sometimes. 😉
En-JOY your day!