This day definitely had its trials (the three-year-old) so it’ll do me some good to take some time to look back and see the joys I’m thankful for of today and the week:
- Good friends that I can share my faith with, prayer, petitions, and important discussion about motherhood and our Catholic Faith.
- Flashlight hide n seek in the dark house before bedtime.
- Reading time with my daughter, gives me a chance to be with her, look at her and see how much she’s grown.
- Energizing (and muscle-pumping) bike rides alone and with the family. (and a couple power naps, too!)
- The dinner company of good friends who were an integral part of our marriage prep.
- Daily Mass (even with the three-year-old’s exhausting antics).
- Laughing together with my husband and kids about silly things that mean absolutely nothing.
- Library story-time and reading together with the three-year-old and baby.
- The feeling of accomplishment – finished ironing some clothes to consign and worked on a simple craft project I’ve been working on for way too long now but it’s almost done!
- My mom and sister who are available and willing to help me when I need it – it’s the small things like staying with the kids in the car so I can run into the store quickly by myself and look at paint samples that really count.
- Getting up early enough to do 5 – 10 minutes of muscle strengthening floor exercises before school.
- My husband and our family we have together, I’m thankful for my husband’s job and that I can be ‘at home’ with the kids while they are young – I complain a lot about the housework and the whining and all that but I know I really have it made.
What are the joys you are thankful for?