It’s been way too long since I’ve shared my awesome husband’s space pictures here. And since another faithful reader responded (indirectly on his blog) to my question about what readers want to see more of, I am happily obliging to his request for more awesome space pictures. Here are 5 of his most recent shots that I love (click to see them bigger and read more info):
1. Comet ISON – we and many others were disappointed ISON didn’t survive his trip around the sun. It would have been a beautiful sight! My husband managed to get a good shot of it before it disintegrated.
2. While ISON stole the show for a while, many may not have known about Comet Lovejoy –
3. International Space Station – have you ever looked up in the evening/night sky and seen what looks like a star moving across the sky? If it’s not a satellite, you may have seen the ISS! It’s pretty awesome thinking there are people up there orbiting around us every day! Here is a schedule for the ISS if you want to try and spot it.
4. Eagle Nebula (M16) – Nebulas are so pretty. To me, they look like jello frozen in space. 🙂
5. Andromeda (M31) – Out of all the galaxies (that I know of), this one is my favorite. Isn’t she just beautiful? If we had had a baby girl last time, I really wanted to name her Andromeda. I know, I’m such a heathen.
That’s all for today, which of these is YOUR favorite?